If you ever decide to change the web host for your website, you would need to consider a couple of factors before doing so. The reasons for changing the web hosts can be many, however, what is more important is to ensure successfully managing to switch your web hosting account from one company to another company.
1. Ensure the new web hosting company does meet your website’s storage requirements completely. For instance, if the website is about 50MB then you need to make sure the new company does offer this much or even a little more storage space.
2. It is also important to find out what features are the new web hosting provider is offering through the new storage plan. For instance, are the log files and emails being counted as part of your web files or is it regarded as a part of the storage? Such questions need to be asked to determine what kinds of storage plan it is and what would it include.
3. Determining the platform on which your web site will be hosted is also another significant aspect. Sometimes it may not make a difference if it is hosted on Linux and you are shifting to another web host with the same platform. But it may make a difference if the site is on another platform such as Windows and uses ASP scripting and you are planning to shift to Linux platform. You would need to find out in detail from your web host provider on the best way possible to shift platforms in such a scenario.
4. You also need to find out if the new hosting plan offers the same amount of bandwidth that the current host offers. You would also need to find out if there are any additional charges being levied for the bandwidth
5. If you have an ecommerce website and are using a shopping cart, then you need to find out from the web host provider if the shopping cart can be easily transferred to the new host or you would need to opt for a replacement.